Thursday, May 28, 2009

First Pool Party!
















While on maternity leave, I have discovered a whole different world - one where people throw parties at 10 am on a Wednesday!!! Who knew??? Jackson and I were invited to a pool party at his friend Maggie's. Maggie is 10 months old and the other babies at the party were a year old, so Jackson was definitely out of his league. They were all splashing around in the shallow end. The pool was great - it had a large section that was 8 inches deep. I was really excited to see his reaction to the pool. He LOVES his bath after all. So, I suited him up in his SPF 50 swimsuit and sun hat (thanks, Mimi!) and headed out. Alas, it was a rare cool morning and when I put his toes in the water he howled. So, we stayed in the shaded and he napped for most of the party. Oh well, it was fun to get out. We'll try the pool again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment